Friday, December 16, 2005
Careterra Austral, Chile
Today, we arrived to the second most southernly region of Chile - Aisen where one can find the Careterra Austral. The city that we flew into is called Balmaceda, but it is a 30 minute drive from the main city. We got stuffed into a minivan with 11 other people and flew off to the city. Bags on top, straps a flapping we traversed over magnificent terrain. There was nothing but farms and open road. The trip to the town Coihaique took us through snow capped mountains, green fields and hills and roadsides filled with purple, yellow, and pink flowers. It was truly awe inspiring. The transfer dropped us off at the Sernatur office (the regional tourist headquarters). As we waited to get information I ran to their bathroom. Unfortunately, I had not asked if it would be alright and the young girl behind the counter reprimanded me and told me to head to the public bathroom in the plaza de armas (central park). I was thankful with the outcome though. The bathrooms were nice and I ended up walking the park to get a sense of the town. Laura got information from the girl there. She turned out to be really nice. I got in her good graces when I presented Laura with a fallen rose I found outside the tourist office. More to come soon. I will also attempt to catch up on other things that have happened during our travels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment